Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fall Semester 2011: Complete

Nerdy humor always makes
Microbiology labs that much more enjoyable
Read the title. Yup... the semester is over! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Over the top? Not at all. I'm so stoked for this semester to be over. Don't get me wrong, I had a ton of fun this semester, but it was very stressful as well. Although I was involved with a lot this semester, it was my class load that made it so stressful. Here's what it looked like.

Class schedule:
Biology 3300 (Microbiology) + Lab
Physics 2110 + Lab
Biology 3220 (Field Ecology)
Geology 1110 + Lab

Looks like a decent load to me. It was a handful, that's for sure! But, to survive the semester, I just had to dig in and make each day the best I could. And, now, at the end of finals week, I feel very accomplished. Although the semester was really hard, I did have a class that I loved. Field Ecology. As a biology major with an emphasis in ecology... I guess it would only be natural I would love that class. One big reason why? Here's what my classroom looked like each Wednesday that we would meet for class.

Logan Canyon... welcome to my classroom.

Yup, no whiteboards, desks, etc. Just Logan Canyon. That's where we went each and every week for my class (until the snow started to fall). That class really was my saving grace. Made me want to pursue ecology in graduate school even more. Pretty rad.

But, really, this semester had a lot of great things happen in it. Everything from meeting new people, becoming more involved at the university, and experiencing new things. Although it's been a hard semester, it's been a fulfilling one. I'm glad that I was able to face the challenges that I did. They not only have made me a better student, but a stronger person as well (that's what 10+ hours of studying before an exam will do to you! Haha).

Looking forward, however, I'm incredibly excited for the break and for next semester. I have some great plans for the break, and a great class schedule for Spring Semester. Really excited.

Overall, from the good and the bad from this semester, I still believe that the life of an Aggie (#aggielife as it's called on Twitter) is the best life to live. Nothing beats waking up and walking up Old Main hill to go to class, or heading over to the Spectrum for a basketball game, or attending the HOWL, or meeting new friends in your classes, or spending entire days in the library, or anything else that happens while at USU. Nothing beats it. Nothing.

Well, time for me to hit the hay, get some sleep, and start my break fresh and new.

Don't forget to bust out your ugly sweaters during the break. Tis the season. Merry Christmas, folks.

Me, Keenan, and Alan.
Looking festive as ever last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment