Monday, February 27, 2012

No more home games...

Ugh... sigh.

That's the only way I can describe my feelings right now. This last weekend, we had our last home basketball game of the season. GAH! I'm still upset about it. I live for home basketball games! But, sadly, the home games are over for the season. We still have two away games at San Jose St and Hawaii. So, I'll just have to enjoy those games in spirit. After that, it's off to the WAC tourney for the Aggies.

And to make matters worse, I can't go to the WAC tournament this year. Kills me! I love traveling with my Aggies and watching them play. Nothing feels better than storming the court in Las Vegas. At least, that's what I got to do last year. But, I won't be there this year to see how it all unfolds. Sigh... oh well.

However, this season has really been one to remember. I'm not going to get into all the details about it. But, it really has been fun. Sure, it hasn't been our best year. But, it's been an adventure.

The last home game on Friday against Idaho was amazing. It was senior night and we sent out our three seniors Morgan Grim, Brockeith Pane, and Brady Jardine in style! And with a 67-50 win. That felt really good. But really, that night was absolutely insane. The crowd was completely filled. 4,000 students came out to support our Aggies on our last night in the Spectrum for the season.  Everything from the "I believe that we will win" chant to the "Winning Team, Losing Team" chant at the end, the game was awesome.

Snap shot during "I Believe."
I just had to rock my Red Sox hat and gold chain.

We were down by 15 points at the half, but then our player Preston Medlin went absolutely bananas in the second half. He scored 27 points in the second half while Idaho's entire team only scored 21 points. If you watch ESPN, then you know about Jeremy Lin and "Linsanity." Well, that night, something new was born... MEDLINSANITY!!! The Spectrum got so loud that night in the second half that my ears rang the rest of the weekend. And Preston sure as heck helped attribute to that. He dropped 3 after 3 after 3. The roof almost came off. It was insane. MEDLINSANE!


That's our man Pre-Med. The master of Medlinsanity.

So, even though the season is over, we ended the home season right. Oh, and I forgot to mention... that win on Friday night was the 500th men's basketball win in the Spectrum. Yeah, great timing, I know.

Remember how I was kind of depressed at the beginning of this blog? Well, I'm not anymore. This season had its ups and downs. But, in the end, I'm smiling.

Aggie basketball always has me smiling in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment