Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Attack of the Seagulls!

Alright, I know it's spring. That means birds are migrating again. Which also means that plenty of avian species are flying through the Cache Valley. In the past two springs I've lived in Logan, I've seen my fair share of birds flying around the valley, heading to where ever they need to be. Usually, you'll see the occasional geese migration, a few ducks, robins, scrub jays, crows, etc. And typically, the only annoying birds are the crows. They're loud.

But, this year... oh man, this year... it's the attack of the seagulls! I don't know whose idea it was to roll eggs down Old Main Hill for Easter, but the timing couldn't have been worse. Around the time families came to campus to roll eggs down the hill, a swarm... or army... of seagulls came to pick up the leftovers.

They haven't left.

If you were to walk on campus around the LLC (Living, Learning Community: one of the one-campus housing areas), you would see hundreds of seagulls. They're everywhere! It's been a few days, and the number of seagulls hasn't gone down at all. The LLC roofs are covered in seagulls, and so are the skies above.

For me, since I live off-campus, this isn't a big deal. In fact, I have to laugh when I see people looking up at the birds in total confusion (I mean, think about it, we don't live by any near-by lakes in Cache Valley). I only live right off campus, though, so I can hear the birds all day long. Which is kind of nice, it sounds like the beach.

I don't know how much longer these birds are going to hang out with us Aggies, but it's been pretty funny so far. I just don't know if I want to walk on Old Main Hill for a while. At least until after the next rain storm. I'm going to try and get a picture of all the birds on the roofs and in the sky. When I do, I'll post it on this blog entry.

Over and out!
Charley

No comments:

Post a Comment